Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, September 28, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – In a campaign to help raise community support and funds for law enforcement charities, several local businesses have stepped up to “Back the Blue”.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – This Saturday, October 1, there will be a cornhole tournament at the Bainbridge Middle School Track to raise money for the Chad Smith Family.
- THOMAS CO., GA (WALB) – The Thomas County Sheriff’s Office is offering a way to drop off drugs anonymously.
- BRISTOL, GA (WCTV) – A judge has set a $100,000 bond for a Bristol man charged with murder.
- THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) – Officials with the Thomasville Police Department released a report that outlines an incident between a Thomasville private school administrator and a student that led to the administrator’s arrest.
- COOLIDGE, GA (WALB) – Jonathan Bryant faces more charges, after he was arrested over the weekend, in connection to an armed robbery in Coolidge.
- DOTHAN, AL (THE POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Charles Mueller, of Climax, was arrested by the Dothan Police Department on Friday on the charge of impersonating a police officer.
- ABBEVILLE, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) — Prosecutors contend Justice Knight used a 9mm handgun in 2014 to execute his close friend, Jarvis Daffin, during the robbery of his tax refund money, amounting to over $6,500.
As always, you can hear these news stories on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.