Featured Article

T-shirts for sale to benefit family of fallen soldier, 1st Lieutenant Weston C. Lee

A local group of individuals has created a t-shirt in memory of fallen 1st Lieutenant Army Ranger Weston C. Lee and all of the proceeds will go to the Lee family to cover travel costs to Arlington National Cemetery where Lieutenant Lee will be laid to rest. The t-shirts are $15 & the link is included below. We… Read More »

Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest Reports for Friday, May 26, 2017

The following arrests and citations were reported by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety. The addresses listed below are given to us directly by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety: Karen Elaine Durham, 47, Long Branch Road, Blakely, Ga, Probation Violation o/c Possession of Cocaine; Hanks, DESO Tyree Dantrel Harrell, 31, Dow Jones Road,… Read More »

NEWS: Memorial Day Gas Prices, 22 Indicted in Moultrie, ATV Driver Killed in Tift County and More

FARGO, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Recent rain and decreased fire activity in the Okefenokee Swamp will allow officials to reopen Stephen C. Foster State Park on Friday. TY TY, GA (WALB) – A man was killed about noon today, when he drove an ATV across a busy four-lane highway in Ty Ty, and was struck by a car. TALLAHASSEE,… Read More »

Memorial Day Gas Prices Flat

OPEC MEETING DISAPPOINTS; ‘GAS PRICE SURGE’ AVOIDED ATLANTA, Ga., (May 26, 2017) – Motorists will not have to worry about surging gas prices this holiday weekend after all. Thursday’s OPEC meeting had the potential to cause a stir in the stock market. What actually happened was quite the opposite. Click here for today’s gas price averages A collection of OPEC… Read More »

NOAA Predicts Above Normal Hurricane Season

May 25, 2017 Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center say the Atlantic could see another above-normal hurricane season this year. For the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30, forecasters predict a 45 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 35 percent chance of a near-normal season, and only a 20 percent chance… Read More »

Scripture Of The Day – May 26th

Psalm 139:23-24  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 7:9  Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and… Read More »

Help Save the Decatur County Landfill!

Bainbridge Eagle Scout candidate Tommy Young is working to save the landfill from “E” waste with a community event this Saturday. From 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m., Tommy will be holding an electronic recycling event at the Howard Johnson Inn (1401 Tallahassee Highway) where he will be accepting electronic waste for recycling.  The project is the final step… Read More »

NEWS: AAA Tow to Go for Memorial Day Weekend, Million Dollar Aquatic Center in Grady County, Arrest Reports and More

GRADY COUNTY, Ga. (WTXL) – A Grady County project that has been in the works since 2007 is one step closer to being complete. DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Dothan Police are currently looking for a 15-year-old male believed to be responsible for the shooting death of a recent high school graduate Tuesday evening. ENTERPRISE, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE)… Read More »

Scripture Of The Day – May 25th

Jeremiah 17:9-10  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Psalm 90:8  Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light… Read More »

Multiple Vehicle Accident on Shotwell Street (Wednesday 3:00 p.m.)

There was a multiple vehicle accident on Shotwell Street Wednesday afternoon.  According to witnesses on the scene, as many as 4 vehicles were involved. The wreck occurred in the east bound lane, but traffic was temporarily blocked in both directions while emergency crews worked the scene. Georgia State Patrol and Bainbridge Public Safety responded to the accident. At… Read More »

Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest Reports for Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The following arrests and citations were reported by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety. The addresses listed below are given to us directly by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety: Sabreena Dawn Hubbard, 19, Maive Street, Bainbridge, GA, Simple Battery (misd); DCSO Lisa Erin Mills, 40, River Oaks Drive, Bainbridge, GA, Possession of methamphetamine with… Read More »

NEWS: Thomas County Man Charged with Arson, GA DNR Quota Applications Opening, Storm Damage in SWGA and More

CRISP CO., GA (WALB) – Powerful storms left some homes in ruins across South Georgia Tuesday. THOMAS CO., GA (WALB) – A Thomas County man is facing arson charges after investigators said he intentionally set fire to his home. MONTEZUMA, Ga. (AP) — A firefighter in Georgia has died after suffering a traumatic brain injury from an accident on the… Read More »

Georgia DNR Quota Hunt Applications Start June 1

Apply for Quota Hunts Starting June 1 SOCIAL CIRCLE, Ga. (5/23/2017) Beginning June 1, hunters can apply electronically for quota hunts including adult/child, deer, alligator, waterfowl, dove and many others, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division. “A quota hunt allows for a predetermined number of hunters on a particular area, creating quality hunting… Read More »

Scripture Of The Day – May 24th

Isaiah 59:2  But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. Luke 15:20  And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his… Read More »

Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest Reports for Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The following arrests and citations were reported by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety. The addresses listed below are given to us directly by the Decatur County Jail and Bainbridge Public Safety: Lawrence Rashad Allen, 26, Collier Ridge Rd, Atlanta, GA, Probation Violation (o/c sale of marijuana); Hines, DCSO Willie James Donalson, Jr., 60, Sims Street,… Read More »

Coastal Solar Shines at Festival

Coastal Solar Shines at Festival as Thousands Learn about Alternative Energy Options for Their Homes, Farms and Businesses Press Release Named a ‘Top 20’ event by the Southeast Tourism Society, the festival featured the usual array of activities and fun for all ages and interests. Music, cooking, onion eating contests, air shows, outdoor movies, street dancing, and more.… Read More »

WEATHER: Severe Weather for SWGA through Wednesday

The National Weather Service in Tallahassee is predicting severe weather, including the possibility of isolated tornadoes, through tomorrow afternoon: “Multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms are expected through Wednesday. Some of these storms could produce damaging wind gusts, an isolated tornado, and/or heavy rain. Coastal flooding in the eastern Big Bend on Wednesday will be possible as well”

Bainbridge State College Announces Deans and Honors Lists for Spring Semester

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 22, 2017 BSC announces deans and honors lists for spring semester Bainbridge State College Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs, Dr. Rodney Carr, is pleased to announce the students who earned the distinction of being named to the  Deans’ and Honors’ Lists for Spring Semester 2017. These students have earned a 3.5 (B+)… Read More »

Bainbridge State College Graduates 20 from GED Program

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 22, 2017 BSC Adult Education graduates 20 from GED program Bainbridge State College Adult Education is pleased to announce the graduation of 20 students from the GED Program. On Thursday, May 18, Bainbridge State College honored the graduates with a graduation ceremony that was held at the Charles H. Kirbo Regional Center. Nanette McIntoch,… Read More »

NEWS: Camilla Body Id’d, Rabies Reported in Lowndes County, Aggressive Albany Chickens and More

Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup: CAMILLA, GA (WALB) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was on scene in Camilla Saturday after a body was found. VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A Valdosta FedEx driver has won a state driving championship and will compete on the national stage this summer in Orlando. VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A woman… Read More »