Early Wednesday morning an out of control squirrel managed to cause a power outage in the City of Chattahoochee for nearly 24 hrs. The squirrel, as you can see below, was electrocuted when he entered the Duke Energy substation that powers the city. The electrocution caused a fire which, in turn, knocked out power to the entire city. Businesses were shutdown while crews frantically attempted to restore power. A portable substation and transformer were brought in and power was restored early Thursday morning.
Special thanks to Stephen and Pam Martin-Wells for the Photo.
- NEWS: Grand Jury Returns True Bills, Thomasville Shooting, Woman Cited for Animal Cruelty, and More
- NEWS: Bainbridge Man Arrested for Transporting Undocumented Immigrants, Rec Authority Designing New Building, Arrest Reports and More
- Vacant House, US Mail and Marijuana – How Are They Connected?
- NEWS: BPS Make Molly Bust, Terroristic Threat Leads to Thomasville Arrest, Grady Jail Employee Arrested and More