Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Friday, March 10, 2017:
- DECATUR CO., GA (WALB) – A multi-county search for a wanted man is now over after he turned himself in to authorities.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Several people are in jail after a large brawl broke out at an Albany nightclub early Friday morning.
- MARIANNA, Fla. (WTXL) – The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says two juveniles have been arrested for setting two fires in a Marianna Walmart.
- HINESVILLE, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A fellow soldier has been arrested in connection with the shooting deaths of two Fort Stewart soldiers, according to officials.
- TIFTON (WCTV) – News organizations are challenging a judge’s gag order in a case involving the slaying of a south Georgia high school teacher who vanished nearly 12 years ago.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – In the wake of the ongoing City Hall bribery probe and scandal and revelations that “pay-to-play” cost Atlanta millions after the 2014 ice storm, the Atlanta City Council is putting in new controls to hold those responsible for issuing emergency contracts accountable.
- QUITMAN, GA (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) — An $18 million business deal has hatched in Brooks County.