Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Friday, October 14, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Thursday, October 13, 2016
- GEORGIA (WTXL) – In Georgia, voters will decide on an amendment that would allow the state to assume control of schools considered to be “chronically failing.”
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A Valdosta man was arrested early Wednesday for allegedly leaving his four-year-old child home alone while he set a nearby house on fire.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Dothan police confirmed Friday morning a pedestrian was struck and killed early Friday morning.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — One man is dead and another is in the hospital after an early morning shooting in East Albany, according to the Albany Police Department.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – An Albany Police unit was patrolling in the Pointe North area Wednesday when their tag reader alerted that it had spotted a tag associated with suspended insurance.
- MACON, GA (MACON TELEGRAPH) – Two young children spent hours at the Telfair County jail after deputies found packets of marijuana stashed in the waistband of their pants during prison visitation.
- AUBURN, AL (WTVM) – Auburn police made an arrest Wednesday morning in connection to the pedestrian that died following a hit-and-run located on Shelton Mill Road on Thursday, Oct. 6.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.