Results from Day 2 of the Georgia High School Boys Track Meet in Jefferson, GA
as of 2:30 p.m. Friday
Bainbridge High School’s boys were in third place in the AAAA team competition, through 7 events scored. Most of Friday’s competition was preliminary heats for track races whose finals will take place on Saturday.
Results from Day 1 of the Georgia High School Boys Track Meet in Jefferson, GA
as of 6 p.m. Thursday
- Bryan Kato of Thomasville High School won the Boys’ Class 2A discus throw, with a throw of 152 feet, 3 inches.
Kato also won the AA shot put, with a throw of 52 feet, 10 inches.
- Cervantes Jackson of Bainbridge High School placed 2nd in the AAAA triple jump, with a total leap of 47 feet, 0.25 inches.
- Victor Bodison of Bainbridge placed 2nd in the AAAA long jump, with a leap of 22 feet, 9.5 inches.
- John Drake of Pelham placed third in the AA pole vault, with a jump of 13 feet.
- Javian Williams of Early County placed fifth in the Class 2A long jump, with a leap of 21 feet, 7.75 inches. Williams placed 6th in the AA triple jump, with a leap of 44 feet, 3.5 inches.
- Westover’s Antravious Parks won the Class 4A shot put, with a throw of 54 feet, 7.50 inches.
Field events continue through Thursday evening. Track events start Friday and conclude Saturday.
Fans can check out the SW Georgia results here on Sowegalive or follow the results live as events are held at http://www.ptgrouponline.com/Live/2015/HS/GHSA/Boys/