BPS: Small Grease Fire Shuts Down Bainbridge McDonalds




Bainbridge Public Safety responded to a call about a grease fire at the Bainbridge McDonalds early Wednesday morning.  According to Fire Chief Doyle Welch, the fire originated in a large fryer in the restaurant’s kitchen around 6:30 Wednesday morning, but was quickly extinguished by employees with a fire extinguisher.

“There was very minimal damage, the employees actually put the fire out with the fire extinguisher.  There was no property damage except for the fryer.  They’ve just got to clean up the powder and get a clean bill of health from the health department before they can re-open.” — BPS Fire Chief Doyle Welch

According to Bainbridge Public Safety, no injuries were reported.




Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*