1. Severe Threat Continues for Thursday and Friday
A squall line is expected to reach the Tri-State region Thursday afternoon. Storms will come to an end as the associated cold front moves out of the southeast Big Bend on Friday.
Pre Event Hazard:
- Breezy winds 20-35 mph starting late morning
- Damaging Winds in excess of 60 mph
- Isolated Tornadoes
- Storms should reach our western areas by Thursday afternoon, then spread across the region into Thursday
2. Forecast Rain Amounts
Although rain will be heavy at times, especially over the western FL Panhandle, the storms should move quick enough to preclude any flooding concerns.
- Ranging from less than one inch across eastern areas to 2-2.5 inches over the western FL Panhandle
- Isolated higher amounts of 3 to 4 inches will be possible mainly across the western Panhandle