Here’s your Wednesday morning news roundup:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Two boards approved resolutions that will lead to Southern Regional Technical College in Thomasville acquiring land, facilities and capital equipment at Bainbridge State College.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – After more than a five-year hiatus, the Decatur County Board of Commissioner unanimously voted to reinstate the county’s planning commission with seven newly appointed members at its meeting Tuesday.
- LOWNDES CO., GA (WALB) – The parents of Kendrick Johnson have been ordered by a judge to pay nearly $300,000 in attorney fees to those they accused of killing their son and the parties they alleged to cover it up, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
- CAMILLA, GA (WALB) – At least three people were injured, and two of those severely, as a house on Harney Street in Camilla exploded Tuesday morning, between 10 and 11 a.m.
- THOMAS, COUNTY, GA (WTXL) – Tire amnesty begins Friday for residents in Thomas County.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Residents in Valdosta are concerned about the number of shootings they’ve seen this summer. Police have investigated eleven shootings since June.
- GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) — The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the person who died in a fatal crash on I-10 in Gadsden County on Monday afternoon.