Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Tuesday, January 24, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has extended the flood warning for the Flint River through Saturday
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Monday, January 23, 2017
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Decatur County Correction Facility inmate Melvin Williams was arrested on Wednesday after officers found a quantity of marijuana and a cellphone in his possession.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County Board of Education met on Thursday, Jan. 19, for their normal monthly meeting. However, this meeting took a turn for the better when Superintendent Tim Cochran delivered the news that $360,000 worth of grant money had been awarded to the district to be put toward 2,000 new laptops.
- ALBANY, Ga. (WCTV) — The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has confirmed that an EF-2 tornado touched down in Dougherty County in Georgia on Sunday.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – With South Georgia residents still recovering from deadly weekend storms and beginning repairs to damaged homes, a Valdosta company is helping out in a unique way.
- ALBANY, Ga. (AP) – Authorities say the weekend storm toll remains at 7 killed in the south Georgia mobile home community of Sunshine Acres, adding cadaver dogs have gone repeatedly over the wreckage and found no additional victims.
- WAKULLA COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) – Deputies have arrested a middle school teacher Friday after a yearlong investigation.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.