Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Monday, April 4, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Southwest Georgia, North Florida and Southeast Alabama saw significant rainfall Friday and Saturday that led to flash flood warnings, flooded neighborhoods and even two reported deaths.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – On Thursday, March 31, 2016, Bainbridge Public Safety responded to a domestic disturbance call that turned violent.
- MILLER CO., GA (WALB) – State troopers confirm that two people died in a wreck on GA-91 between Colquitt and Newton.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – An Easter Sunday card game turned into a fight and robbery on North Russ Street.
- CLINCH CO., GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Residents in Clinch County are continuing to clean up after Friday’s storms caused some major damage.
- JACKSON CO., FL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Two Florida panhandle residents died Sunday from an apparent drowning after they were found inside a submerged vehicle in the waters of Compass Lake in Jackson County.
- TIFTON, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — A Lee County resident was one of 18 individuals charged in connection with a large drug trafficking ring that was announced by the Tift County Sheriff’s Office Friday.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.