Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Tuesday, January 2, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Bainbridge resident David Kendrick has announced his intention to run for State Court Judge in the 2016 election cycle
- THOMASVILLE (TIMES ENTERPRISE) — The case against Meigs Mayor Linda Harris did not go before the grand jury for Thomas County Superior Court Monday as originally planned, due to an expanding investigation into the mayor’s possible criminal actions.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – There have been several armed robberies at an East Albany recently. But this time a customer and the clerk fought back. And it was all caught on camera.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — Classes were canceled at Leon High School on Monday following a fire that broke out around 10 a.m. Just after 4 p.m. Monday, Leon County Schools announced that classes at Leon High would also be canceled for Tuesday.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – On Wednesday, a police officer was escorted from a classroom at Darton State College.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, daily from 10a-Noon on the Flint Media family of stations. Click here to listen live!