Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Friday, August 26, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Thursday, August 25, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County Board of Commissioners approved the 2016 millage rate for the county as the same amount approved last year at its meeting Tuesday.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — Gov. Nathan Deal and other officials were in Pelham on Thursday to dedicate the new Donnie Cochran Community Complex,
- ASHBURN, GA (WALB) – Turner County Emergency Management officials say that a crop duster made an emergency landing after clipping a power line near Shepherd Road Thursday.
- THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) – One mission of the Thomasville Police department is to keep the city safe but another is to serve the community. Officer Olivia Jones was on duty Tuesday morning and made it her mission to help out a student in need.
- LEESBURG, GA (WALB) – The State Board of Workers’ Compensation announced Thursday that Malina Alison Pedigo and her boyfriend, Christopher Joel Dowdy, were arrested Wednesday for felony insurance fraud.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Valdosta City Council voted unanimously Thursday to increase property taxes by 27 percent.