Bomb threat at Tallahassee armory was false alarm




Tallahassee_National_Guard_Armory

“In the end it was a false alarm. No explosives were found at the National Guard armory in Tallahassee after a bomb threat Tuesday morning,” reports the Tallahassee Democrat.

Around 30 people were evacuated from the armory after the threat, and several schools in the area were placed on a higher security level.

The building was declared safe around 12:30 p.m. after the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s canine unit and the Big Bend Bomb Squad conducted several searches in the area.

Although earlier reports had said a man had been arrested in connection with the threat, a Florida National Guard official said that was mistaken information and as of Tuesday afternoon, no one had been taken into custody.

Read more about the increased security for National Guardsmen in Florida at The Tallahassee Democrat.

Related story: Gov. Scott issues order to move Florida National Guard recruiting offices to armory locations




Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*