Bainbridge Public Safety responded to a house fire on Japonica Drive, just off of Louise Street Thursday afternoon. According to Julie Harris, the Public Information Officer for Bainbridge Public Safety, firefighters responded around 4:25 p.m.
Around that same time yesterday, the power went out in that part of town. The occupant was cooking when the power went off and left the home thinking the stove was off. When the power was restored, the unattended food started a fire. According to Assistant Fire Chief Ryan Deen, the majority of the damage was limited to the kitchen and no injuries were reported.
Be the first to comment