AAA ACTIVATES ‘TOW TO GO’ FOR MEMORIAL DAY
Georgians can call (855) 2-TOW-2-GO for a safe ride home; Friday – Tuesday at 6 a.m.
ATLANTA, Ga. (May 24, 2019) — This weekend, AAA and Budweiser will activate ‘Tow to Go’ for Memorial Day. AAA reminds motorists to take steps ahead of time to avoid driving impaired.
“There is no such thing as a responsible drunk driver, said Montrae Waiters, spokeswoman, AAA-The Auto Club Group. “Impaired driving fatalities can be prevented by planning ahead and choosing a sober ride home, such as a designated driver. Drivers who get behind the wheel while intoxicated risk both their life and the lives of other motorists on the road.”
Since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest. The service enables AAA and Budweiser to remind the public to plan ahead when celebrating with alcohol. The Tow to Go program is availableFriday, May 24 and ends Tuesday, May 28 at 6 a.m.
Tow to Go Service Areas
Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Indiana (Fort Wayne and South Bend only)
(855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within a 10 miles radius.
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home.
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members.
- Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.
- If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out the Great Pretenders Party Guide from the Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation to learn more.
- Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2019.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 59 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety. Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. Visit AAA on the Internet at AAA.com.
Be the first to comment