Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Monday, April 10, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – On Tuesday, March 28, the Decatur County Board of Commission voted to improve the meal quality of prisoners in the Decatur County Prison.
- IRWIN CO., GA (WALB) – A Grand jury in Irwin County could decide whether to indict one of the men accused of murdering Tara Grinstead, nearly 11.5 years after she went missing.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany police have issued a murder warrant in the 2016 death of Justin King, 24.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla., (WCTV) — A fire that broke out Saturday in St. George Island is under control, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.
- PERRY, Ga. (WCTV) – A jury in central Georgia has awarded $20.5 million in damages to a retired teacher in her civil lawsuit against a drug company.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — Whether because of an oil price jump after the U.S. missile attack on a Syrian airbase Thursday night or the usual spring sting, metro Albany and Georgia ended the week up significantly from the previous week.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – 6:53 a.m. update: Metro Atlanta highways are seeing some typical weekday backups – but not the colossal traffic jams that could have resulted from the closing of one of the main gateways into the city.