Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, February 22, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – According to Bainbridge State College Police, the suspects in the pictures have been identified
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Thirty-year Bainbridge City Councilman and community leader Joe L. Sweet Jr. was honored posthumously Tuesday when the Potter Street Community Center was renamed after him.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Bainbridge City Council unanimously approved a new ordinance governing mobile food trucks within the city limits.
- THOMAS CO., GA (WALB) – Thomas University is offering new scholarships to students that participate in extracurricular activities.
- TIFTON, GA (WALB) – The Tifton Police Department and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation are investigating a man’s death in Tifton.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – The Tallahassee Police Department is investigating a bank robbery.
- ALABAMA (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Alabama will observer its sixth annual Severe Weather Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday this weekend, giving people the opportunity to stock up on supplies without paying any taxes.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
Be the first to comment