Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Tuesday, December 6, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Monday, December 5, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Rainfall totals for the last three days in SWGA, North Florida and SE Alabama
- MITCHELL CO., GA (WALB) – WALB has learned that a plane that went down in Mitchell County late Monday night was operated by Key Lime Air
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The burn ban in Decatur County has been lifted following the string of rainstorms that passed through the area over the last two weeks.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Valdosta Police Department is searching for a man wanted in connection to a shooting on Friday that left one person injured.
- MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) – A Georgia man convicted of murder after his toddler son died in a hot SUV has been sentenced to serve life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Valdosta City Schools will dismiss students early on Friday, December 9. The early dismissal will allow faculty, staff and students an opportunity to drive up for the Valdosta vs. Tucker State Championship Game.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) – How much gas prices ultimately will be affected by OPEC’s decision to cut back on production starting in January is being debated, but the Grinch already has arrived in Albany, where the average gas price has risen more than 7 cents over the past week.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.