Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Tuesday, October 25, 2016:
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Crews are working to remove a truck that crashed Tuesday morning at the Jefferson exit on the Liberty Expressway.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – The top man in the Georgia House of Representatives came to Southwest Georgia to endorse a state lawmaker.
- JACKSON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) – Deputies said that they collected 171 pounds of prescription medications during their Prescription Take Back Initiative on Saturday.
- CLINCH CO (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A Homerville man who rejected a plea deal months ago pleaded guilty Monday and was sentenced to life in prison in what the district attorney called “one of he most heinous cases of child molestation” his office had ever seen.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Tickets are still available for former Florida State University coach Bobby Bowden’s speaking event Tuesday at the Dothan Civic Center.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – A Pinckard woman has been arrested and charged with first-degree attempted assault related to an incident where a police officer was clipped by a car.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.