Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Thursday, August 25, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – The tropical system threatening the Bahamas is growing and could target Florida and Georgia in the next week.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Bainbridge-Decatur County Recreation Authority readdressed a tabled policy pertaining to fee-based instruction using public facilities at its meeting Thursday evening.
- LEE CO., GA (WALB) – Lee County deputies are searching for two gunmen who opened fire during a robbery at a Waffle House on U.S. 19 early Thursday morning.
- MOULTRIE, GA (WALB) – A special flag is now flying over the Moultrie Police Department.
- FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) – A man accused of trying to rob a Fitzgerald finance center in August is in custody.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A Valdosta State Prison employee was arrested Sunday for allegedly attempting to supply inmates with prohibited items.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A former Colquitt County employee was sentenced to two years in jail on Tuesday and will be required to pay back thousands of dollars taken from her job.
- BULLOCH CO. (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Officials at Georgia Southern University Student Health Services were notified Wednesday of an individual who has tested positive for the Zika virus in a travel-related case.
- COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – A man Columbus police consider armed and dangerous is the focus of this week’s Most Wanted.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.