Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Wednesday, August 10, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Tuesday, August 9, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The family of Quentieria Knight has filed a civil suit alleging that Elberta Crate was negligent and contributed to her death on April 29, 2016.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Decatur County Administrator Alan Thomas’ 1-year contract expired Thursday, July 28, and the Board of Commissioners approved another year-long contract at its meeting Tuesday.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) – Gov. Nathan Deal’s office confirmed Tuesday that the felony indictment against Dawson Mayor Christopher Wright had been received by the office.
- LEE CO., GA (WALB) – State troopers have charged a man with DUI in a Lee County crash that left a woman badly injured.
- FITZGERALD, GA (WALB) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is on the scene in Fitzgerald where a body was found. The lead investigator said it appears to be an armed robbery that turned into a homicide.
- MERIWETHER COUNTY, GA (WTVM) – Meriwether County Sheriff Chuck Smith reported that his agency has made several arrests for the home invasion and assault of an elderly female victim that occurred on Aug. 4 in Grantville, GA.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – A man was hit and killed on Interstate 285 as he tried to run from police, authorities said Wednesday.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) – Three children in Tennessee were injured Monday, one seriously, after falling from a Ferris wheel owned by a Valdosta firm, according to authorities.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.