Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Monday, August 8, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – The National Weather Service in Tallahassee is predicting a week of heavy rain with a possible tropical development out of the Gulf this week.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Brandi Gaddis, the woman responsible for an arson that injured former Bainbridge Public Safety captain Shannon Dunaway, plead guilty Monday to Arson in the First Degree.
- QUINCY, FL (WCTV) – Woman saves kids from burning Family Dollar.
- MOULTRIE, GA (WALB) – More than a year after a Norman Park man was gunned down outside his home, one of seven young men originally charged in the murder will stand trial.
- MACON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities in Macon are investigating after a passing motorist spotted a body at the bottom of a roadside embankment.
- ATLANTA (WCTV Eyewitness News / CBS News) — Delta Air Lines says it is has grounded flights after experiencing unspecified systems issues.
- COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Two Columbus men are behind bars facing multiple drug charges.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) — Tyler Yelito is being hailed as a hero after rescuing a baby from a wrecked car.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.