Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Monday, May 23, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Friday, May 20, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Local musicians played at Turner Field
- MOULTRIE, Ga. (WCTV) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation held a press conference on Friday morning regarding the investigation into the murders of five people in Colquitt County.
- ATLANTA (AP) – An Alabama teenager has set a Florida state record for catching the biggest flathead catfish.
- LEE CO., GA (WALB) – Deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and GSP are on the scene at the Hibachi Express on US Highway 19 South in Lee County.
- HOUSTON, CO. (MACON TELEGRAPH) – A fire that destroyed a Houston County home Sunday afternoon was blamed on a fish fry that went wrong.
- ADEL, Ga., (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) — The Cook County Sheriff’s Office is warning the public that someone may be impersonating a lawman.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) — Carter and Sons Farms were awarded the Georgia Grown Subway contract. The contract has Carter and Sons Farms selling cucumbers and bell peppers to every Subway in the state of Georgia, according to the restaurant franchise.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.