1 inch of rain was recorded overnight Monday at the Decatur County Public Works Department on Airport Road in Bainbridge.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
943 AM EST TUE DEC 29 2015
…The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Georgia…
Flint River at Albany affecting Dougherty County
Flint River at Newton (SR 37) affecting Baker and Mitchell
Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27) affecting Decatur County
The Flood Warning continues for
the Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27).
* Until further notice.
* At 8:45 AM Tuesday the stage was 25.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will continue rising to near 29.7 feet by
Friday early afternoon then begin falling.
* Impact: At 29.7 feet: Flood waters will reach the elevation of the
docks at the asphalt company and Flint River Grain Mill in the West
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest
forecasts, and be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect
life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you
see flood waters: Turn around. Don`t drown.
For graphical hydrologic information, please go to weather.gov and
click on your state. Select Rivers and Lakes AHPS under current
conditions and click on your river point.