Bainbridge Public Safety Incidents
- On Tuesday, August 25, at 10:55 p.m., Officer Cody Vaughn was patrolling west on Shotwell Street when he observed a black Nissan Altima with no headlights on. Officer Vaughn stopped the car at the corner of Lamar and Broughton streets and talked with the driver, Joseph Ausgood of Bainbridge. After admitting to smoking marijuana earlier in the day, Ausgood gave Vaughn permission to search the car. Inside the center console’s ashtray, Officer Vaughn found five burnt marijuana blunts. Ausgood was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana.
- On Tuesday, August 25, a resident of King West Apartments, 1732 Bethel Road, reported his weed eater, valued at around $500, was stolen from the bed of his pickup truck.
- On Tuesday, August 25, a resident of Gee Street called 911 to report an intruder. She stated she had heard someone knocking on the windows around the house then heard someone climb in through the window. The female resident fought with the male intruder, who then fled the home and started running toward Avenue C. BPS Officer Jason Barlow eventually arrested Thomas Dewayne Parker, 24, on the charge of burglary.
- On Tuesday, August 25, a resident of Rivervale Drive reported that his blue Ronix Williams wakeboard, worth $750 was stolen. A fisherman found the wakeboard the next day and returned it to the family.
- On Tuesday, August 25, a resident of the 1100 block of Troup Street reported that someone had broken into her car. Officer Cody Vaughn responded and observed the passenger side window shattered and glass laying inside the vehicle and on the ground. The woman’s purse was stolen from the car.
Decatur County Sheriff’s Office Incidents
- On August 27, 2015, at 2136 hours, Deputy Matt Reynolds responded to Florence Drive, in reference to a window being busted.
- On August 25, 2015, at approximately 1942 hours, Deputy Justin Kelly responded to Cedar Grove Cemetery, in reference to Damage to a Headstone.
- On August 26, 2015, at 1835 hours Deputy Matt Reynolds met with complainant on Hines Perkins Road, in reference to 2 missing Kawasaki Jet Skis from his father’s Estate.
- On 08/27/2015, at 0936 hours, Deputy Presilla was dispatched to 700 block of East Evans Street, in reference to a Deceased Person.
- On August 27, 2015, at 2310 hours, Deputy Matt Reynolds was traveling South on Hwy 262 near Climax and initiated a traffic stop on Broad Street. Deputy Reynolds placed John under arrest for Driving While License Suspended and a warning was written for the Broken Brake Light.
- On August 8, 2015. At 2201 hours, Deputy Brian Lewis arrested Calvin Jenkins for Driving under the Influence of Alcohol.
- On August 20, 2015 at approximately 1803 hours, Deputy Justin Kelly responded to Lynnwood Drive, in reference to Stolen Property.
- On Friday, August 21, 2015, Career Criminal Unit Investigators received information that Jamie Scott Smith was located at the Seminole County Courthouse. Smith was wanted for failing to appear in Decatur County State Court. Inv. Jason Williams contacted Deputy Hank Bagwell (Seminole County Sheriff’s Office). Smith was taken into custody.
- On August 22, 2015 at 1411 hours, Deputy Brian Lewis responded to Arline Cemetery Road, in reference to Shots Being Fired at a residence.
- On 08/23/2015 at 1248 hours, Deputy Peak was dispatched to 2900 block of Cooktown Road, in reference to an Entering Auto.
- On August 21, 2015, while on patrol, Deputy Brian Lewis observed a white Lincoln Navigator traveling South on Highway 27 with a shattered windshield. Deputy Lewis arrested and charged Juan Aleman with Driving While License Suspended and a Windshield Violation.
Be the first to comment