Your Southwest Georgia weather forecast for Thursday, May 8 and Friday, May 9, 2014:
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 90. Light east southeast wind becoming south southeast 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 88. South wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.
- Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84
Flint River at Bainbridge: 21.16 at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday (Flood stage is 25 feet)
Spring Creek at Iron City: 11.38 feet at 11 a.m. Wednesday (Flood stage is 16 feet)
Thanks to the National Weather Service