Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Monday, January 23, 2017:
- TIFTON, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – State routes declared impassable by GDOT
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Monday morning brings cleanup efforts and shock, from a tornado outbreak that left many parts of South Georgia disaster areas. Fifteen people are confirmed dead, at least 43 injured.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — At least four people in Dougherty County are dead in the wake of what is believed to be a deadly tornado that struck east Albany Sunday afternoon, according to Dougherty County Coroner Michael Fowler.
- BARNEY, Ga. (WCTV) – A Christmas tree. A mattress. Clothes. All strewn across a lawn off of State Road 122.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – At the height of impacts locally, the City of Tallahassee had an estimated 30,000 customers without power and multiple roads blocked.
- TALLAHASSEE, FL (WCTV) – List of school closings on Monday
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
- NEWS: Former Meigs Mayor Sentenced, Lee County Student Arrested for SnapChat Threat, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: HD Video Footage of Albany Tornado Damage, NWS Upgrades Albany Tornado to EF-3, Burglary at Bainbridge Zip Trip,
- NEWS: Grady County Motorcycle Crash Kills One, Clown Threat Closes Alabama School, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: Miller County Students Protest for Principal, 80 Percent of GA’s Blueberries Destroyed by Freeze, Arrest Reports and More