GEMA/HS Alert: Decatur All Hazards
Flood Warning issued April 24 at 11:26AM EDT by NWS Tallahassee FL
…The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Georgia…
Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27) affecting Decatur County
The National Weather Service in Tallahassee has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27).
* From late Saturday night, or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:45 AM Friday the stage was 22.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Forecast: Rise above flood stage by Sunday morning and continue to
rise to near 26.8 feet by early Wednesday morning.
* Impact: At 27.0 feet: Flooding begins to expand across the Boat
Basin area of the east bank of the river in Bainbridge. Many of the
docks and parking areas near the Flint River begin to become
inaccessible above this level. North of Bainbridge, water will
cross Rivervale Drive, isolated several residences in the Rivervale
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest
forecasts, and be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect
life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you
see flood waters: Turn around. Don’t drown.