FIRE: A Street Sweeper Caught Fire and Burned to the Ground Monday Morning




Photo Courtesy of the City of Bainbridge.

A street sweeper owned by the City of Bainbridge caught fire and burned to the ground Monday morning.

The sweeper was being used to clean Randolph Street, a small side street off of Alice Street, near Grace Christian Academy.


According to Julie Harris, the Public Information Officer for Bainbridge Public Safety, the operator saw smoke and jumped off of the equipment before sustaining any injuries.  Bainbridge Public Safety arrived on the scene quickly, but the sweeper was declared a total loss.

The fire temporarily shut down the portion of East Alice Street between Lake Douglas Road and Tallahassee Highway while crews worked to clear the scene.

 

Photo Courtesy of the City of Bainbridge.




Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*