River Town Days festival is returning to Bainbridge, GA on March 9-10, 2018, with plans for more music, food and family fun than ever before!
River Town Days in a community Festival located in Bainbridge, GA, just one hour from Albany, Ga., Thomasville, Ga., Tallahassee, Fla. and Dothan, Ala. The festival is held in conjunction with an annual Flames on the Flint BBQ Competition, a Kansas City Barbeque Society sanctioned contest with over 60 teams that come from around the country. Along with great music and lots of fun family activities, the Earle May Boat Basin in Bainbridge will be the place to be all weekend long.
Drivin N Cryin, a rock band hailing from Atlanta, Ga., will headline a free Friday night concert at River Town Days. The band made a name for itself in the 80’s and 90’s as a favorite on the club scene in Atlanta and Athens. Their musical style is described by critics as “a tough, Southern rock-influenced sound which fuses country, jangle pop and hard rock.” Drivin N Cryin will take the stage for what is sure to be an exciting concert at 8 p.m. on Friday night, following regional country artist Faren Rachels.
Two of Drivin N Cryin’s albums, 1991’s Fly Me Courageous and 1993’s Smoke, were included on the Billboard Top 100 Albums chart, and they had a string of modern rock hit singles in the 1990s. In 2015, Drivin N Cryin was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
Aspiring Nashville star Faren Rachels is a great choice to open for Drivin N Cryin, as she also has a unique blend of traditional country and modern sounds. Rachels says she was influenced by “power female singers of the 1990s” like Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill and Sara Evans. But she isn’t afraid to blend lyrics about contemporary life with the sounds of traditional country, such as steel guitar and fiddle. Rachels will greet the River Town Days crowd at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, March 9.
Then head on back to the Boat Basin in Bainbridge on Saturday, for a day full of fun activities for kids and grown-ups alike. There will be world-class BBQ competition (with plenty of it for sale, too) and many vendors with unique goods, toys and clothes will be set up on the festival grounds. $10 Unlimited Ride armbands, which can be purchased in advance at the Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce, are a great way to let kids have a blast for hours on end.
Two can’t-miss additions to this year’s River Town Days activities are a free motocross show and helicopter rides that promise an amazing view of the Boat Basin and the beautiful Flint River, which runs alongside the Boat Basin.
No matter where you’re from, make plans to be in Bainbridge, GA on Friday and Saturday, March 9-10, for the 2018 River Town Days festival!
ADMISSION & PARKING
FRIDAY: 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
SATURDAY: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- $10 Unlimited Ride Armbands
- Rides, Inflatables, Rock Wall, etc.
- Free Motocross Show (Three Show-times: 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 P.M.)
- Helicopter Rides $20 per person (not included with the armband)
FREE MOTOCROSS SHOW
- 3 Showtimes on Sat: 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 P.M.
Chip Joiner, farmer by day, and FMX Motocross enthusiast by night, has been doing motocross shows all over the U.S. since 2000. His show involves 9 foot tall metal ramp that carries him a distance of 70 to 75 feet. This ramp propels Chip and his bike up to 30 feet in the air with a descent to a safe landing.
- $20 per person (not included with the unlimited ride armband)
- Ride in a Robinson R-44 Helicopter with 2-3 friends
CORN-HOLE TOURNAMENT (Saturday 10:00 AM)
- $10 per Person
- 75% payback to winning team
- Team registration form available by email.
- Faren Rachels – 6:30 PM Friday
- Drivin N Cryin – 8:00 PM Friday Night
- Caliber – 3:00 PM Saturday
- ALL FREE!!!!
About Faren Rachels: Rolling Stone named her as one of the 2018 country “artist to watch.” Find out more about this artist > https://www.farenrachels.com/
Find out more about Drivin N Cryin > http://www.drivinncryin.com/
TASTE FLAMES ON THE FLINT BBQ
Through our People’s Choice category, you have the chance to be the judge of
world famous BBQ. Come grab a sampler plate for $10 and judge the professional pitmasters’ BBQ.
- Peoples’ Choice category is a fundraiser for Family Connection.
- $10 for a selection of samples
- Presale tickets are available at the Chamber.
FAIR FOOD, VENDORS AND EXHIBITORS
- Over 30 Exhibition Booths- awesome things to buy
- 20 Food & Beverage Booths- HUGE variety- BBQ, snow cones, seafood, typical fair food,
- Great Food and Attractions!!
- Available beginning Feb. 10 at the Bainbridge Chamber of Commerce as well as at local banks and credit unions!
- Child Sizes $10
- Adult S-XL $10
- Adult 2XL-3XL $12