Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup:
- COLQUITT, Ga. (WCTV) — Shane Rathel, the former sheriff of Miller County, has been arrested, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation reports.
- CLINCH CO., GA (WALB) – What started as a lightning strike April 6th has grown into a 23,000 acre inferno with no sign of letting up
- WORTH CO., GA (WALB) – The GBI said Wednesday it is investigating a Worth County Sheriff’s deputy involved in a random drug search at the high school last Friday.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Tallahassee Police Department is investigating a bank robbery that occurred Wednesday morning around 10:50 a.m.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Valdosta Police investigate reports of abuse at daycare.
- MCLB-ALBANY (ALBANY HERALD) — Because of an inadequate number of qualified applicants applying for the summer intern laborer position for high school and college students at Marine Corps Logistics Command earlier this month, the job has been re-announced.
- THOMASVILLE, GA (TIMES ENTERPRISE) — A 28-year-old Cairo man — a suspected drug dealer — released from state prison six months ago will be prosecuted in federal court as a result of a Monday Thomasville drug bust, according to authorities.
- NEWS: Kindergarten Registration Approaching, Thomasville Rose Festival, Arrest Reports and More
- Dr. Linda Lumpkin Retiring from DCBOE; Board Invites Public to a Reception in Her Honor
- NEWS: Arrest Reports, Miller County Inmate Escapes, GBI Investigating Injured Woman in Burning Home and More
- BREAKING: Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Shotwell Street