Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Thursday, January 19, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – According to the National Weather Service in Tallahassee, this weekend’s weather is predicted to be severe. Here is the latest update
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge State College is holding a town hall meeting for the public to submit questions about the upcoming consolidation of Bainbridge State and Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump intends to nominate former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue to serve as agriculture secretary, according to a person familiar with the decision but not authorized to speak publicly before it is announced.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany Police officers were recognized by the FBI for their help in capturing a bank robber
- GADSDEN COUNTY, FL (WTXL) — The Gadsden County School District is developing plans to save millions of dollars, but the proposal will affect thousands of parents, students and staff at several schools.
- ATLANTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) announced today that the state’s seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate increased for the fourth consecutive month to 5.4 percent in December, up one-tenth of a percentage point from 5.3 percent in November
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — With the midnight expiration of Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal’s declaration of emergency in eight Southwest Georgia counties approaching, officials in Dougherty and Mitchell County got word Wednesday that the governor had granted another seven-day extension.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
Be the first to comment