Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Monday, January 16, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Friday, January 13, 2017
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Bainbridge-Decatur County Recreation Authority is hoping to revive one of their adult programs this year after some early signs of involvement.
- WASHINGTON, DC (ALBANY HERALD) –Southwest Georgia’s congressional delegation has reintroduced legislation that would create Georgia’s first national historical park, which would be known as the Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park.
- VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) – Five felony drug arrests are now under investigation after the Georgia State Patrol Post 31, Motor Carrier Compliance Division, Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, and Georgia Department of Community Supervision coordinated a joint license check operation on Interstate 75.
- TALLAHASSEE, FL (WALB) – A suspect wanted in connection to a murder in Cairo, GA has been found and taken into police custody.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Valdosta Police Department has released video surveillance footage of a business robbery and is asking the public’s help in identifying the culprit.
- QUINCY, Fla. (WTXL) – Gadsden County deputies said that one person is dead after a car crashed into a Quincy home Friday afternoon.
- SUWANNEE COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) — A plane crash in Suwannee County left one man dead Saturday.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.