If you are currently unhappy with the current hunting season length let your voice be heard. Below is the information on the upcoming meetings.
Press Release: From Georgiawildlife.com
Hunters and other interested persons are encouraged to attend any of eight upcoming public meetings regarding the development of proposed hunting regulations for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 hunting seasons.
These meetings, sponsored by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, are one opportunity for the public to provide input for consideration in the development of proposed hunting regulations.
“Science provides the foundation for development of hunting regulations. Additionally, public input is also important and valuable. It is our goal to maintain simple, easy-to-follow hunting regulations that are biologically appropriate while encouraging hunting participation, and maximizing management flexibility and opportunity,” said John Bowers, chief of the Game Management Section.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
January 9, 2017
• Merle Manders Conference Center (111 Davis Road, Stockbridge, GA 30281)
• Stellar Center (14 Stellar Drive, Brunswick, GA 31525)
January 10, 2017
• Southern Regional Technical College (800 Veterans Parkway North, Moultrie, GA 31788)
• Southeastern Technical College (3001 East 1st Street, Vidalia, GA 30474)
January 11, 2017
• Augusta Tech College (216 Hwy. 24 South, Waynesboro, GA 30830)
• Middle Georgia State University – Dillard Hall (1100 Second Street, SE, Cochran, GA 31014)
January 12, 2017
• Lion’s Club Barn (1729 South Main Street, Ellijay, GA 30540)
• Banks Co. High School (1486 Historic Homer Hwy., Homer, GA 30547)
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit input in one of the following methods (input must be received by Friday, Jan. 20, 2017):
- Statements may be electronically submitted here
- Written statements should be mailed to: GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section; Attn: Tina Johannsen; 2070 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.; Social Circle, Georgia 30025.
- Call 770-918-6404.
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact Tina Johannsen at (770) 918-6404.
Hunting regulation proposals will be available in early-April and will be considered by the Board of Natural Resources on May 31, 2017.
For more information, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/Hunting/Meetings
I’ve been hunting Decauter county and Thomas county for many years noting that Thomas Co rut coming in middle to late Nov and Decatur rut coming in late Dec early Jan! I would like to see the season moved later even if it means starting the season later!