Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, December 14, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Southwest Georgia Farm Credit announced today that Paxton W. Poitevint has been named Chief Operating Officer.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – DCBOE Superintendent Cochran lays groundwork for future projects
- TERRELL CO., GA (WALB) – Two teenagers have been taken into custody after a weapon was recovered at Terrell County High School.
- VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) – Handguns, Cocaine, and seven thousand dollars in cash was recovered when Valdosta police conducted a sting operation Friday night.
- VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) — A Brooks County State Court Judge has been arrested for driving under the influence, the Georgia State Patrol confirms.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A fourth Valdosta State Prison inmate this year died on Friday, according to officials.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA DAILY TIMES) — An airman from Valdosta has been charged with premeditated murder and desertion in connection with the death of a fellow airman in Nebraska, according to Air Force officials.
- ALBANY, Ga. (AP) – A decade after hundreds of Americans got sick from eating Peter Pan peanut butter contaminated with salmonella, the company that sold it paid with an embarrassing courtroom guilty plea and an agreement to pay the largest criminal fine ever in a U.S. food safety case.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.