Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Monday, November 7, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Friday, November 4, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – At the 2016 Ag Appreciation Luncheon, the Bainbridge – Decatur County Chamber of Commerce honored Robert Cohen and Emma Jean Bell as Ag Man and Woman of the Year.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – The employees of First National Bank in Bainbridge made a generous donation to the Secret Santa fund this week.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – After shutting down due to an explosion on Monday night, Colonial Pipeline restarted Line 1 at 5:45 a.m. CST.
- TAMPA, FL (SOWEGALIVE) – A major shift occurred in the oil markets last week, suggesting gas prices could soon plummet.
- FRANKLIN CO., Fla. (WTXL) – An accident Friday night at the Florida Seafood Festival in Apalachicola sends people to the hospital.
- ATLANTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Gov. Nathan Deal has announced that Georgia has been named the No. 1 state in the nation in which to do business for the fourth consecutive year by Site Selection magazine, a leading economic development trade publication.
- LOWNDES CO. (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Detectives with the Special Operations Division of the Sheriff’s Office have culminated a nearly month long investigation into the trafficking of Methamphetamine into Lowndes County.
- LOWNDES CO. (VALDOSTA TODAY) – On Thursday morning, Samaryon Attwell, 34, of Tampa, Fla. approached a deputy in the parking lot of the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office and relayed that he had been shot.
- OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) – Two Opelika women have been arrested on child abuse and endangerment charges after one of the women allegedly left her 5-year-old twins locked in a bedroom to go to a nightclub in Georgia.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – The Albany Fire Department completely extinguished a grass fire off the bypass on Blaylock Street Saturday evening.
- BYRON, GA (WALB) – One deputy is dead and another injured during a shootout Sunday evening in Peach County.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.