Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Thursday, October 27, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Wednesday, October 26
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Money Tree Trial: The Verdicts are In
- BAINBRIDGE AND CAIRO, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – First National Bank and Citizens Bank Cairo completed their merger today and will now operate as First National Bank.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – On Friday, October 21st, a vast crowd converged on the grounds of Family Worship Center, to vote on two board of director positions, previously held by incumbents, and to participate in the 78th Annual Meeting of the Grady EMC
- CAIRO, GA (THOMASVILLE TIMES ENTERPRISE) — A unanimous vote for termination was the culmination of a six-hour employee hearing and 20-minute closed session immediately following at a called Grady County Board of Education meeting on Tuesday afternoon.
- MOULTRIE, GA (WALB) – The GBI has opened an investigation into a Moultrie man’s death from August.
- DOUGHERTY CO., GA (WALB) – A Dougherty County School bus driver has been fired for leaving an elementary student on the bus.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A Thursday morning fire in Valdosta fire killed a 70 year old woman
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.