According to the National Weather Service, a tropical depression has formed and is expected to enter the Gulf of Mexico this week.
- Tropical Depression 9 has developed.
- The general track is expected to be westward for the next day or two before turning north and northeast by the middle of the week.
- This system may approach the Big Bend or Panhandle coast by late in the work week.
- The track and intensity forecast remains uncertain. However, the initial intensity forecast makes the system into a moderate Tropical Storm.
- It is too early to get specific about potential impacts.”