Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Monday, July 18, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Steve Carter of Attapulgus was arrested Monday morning after being wanted for over five weeks with warrants for obstruction and possession of a controlled substance suspected to be methylenedioxymethamphetamine, also known as molly.
- COTTONDALE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man after they say he rammed a truck into a patrol vehicle.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – One man is dead after a fatal shooting in Albany Sunday morning.
- TIFTON, GA (WALB) – Country music star Ronnie Milsap will perform next Friday after canceling his show this weekend because of a medical emergency.
- VALDOSTA – Two Valdosta teens and a juvenile were arrested last week for allegedly breaking into four homes, stealing two vehicles and packing a U-Haul trailer with stolen items.
- DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A small earthquake struck about 100 miles off Daytona Beach, Florida, in the Atlantic Ocean.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The father of the victim involved in this morning’s traffic crash and shooting spoke exclusively to Eyewitness News.
- THOMASVILLE, Ga. (WCTV) — An animal shelter in Thomasville is facing civil action after rescuing over 70 animals from a property in Brooks County back in March.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – One-hundred-one-year-old Maedell White laughed as she took a moment to find the answer for the secret to living a long life.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.