Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Friday, July 15, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest reports for Thursday, July 14
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – An Albany woman is worried about her safety and her neighbors after an alligator encounter
- VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) — Authorities in south Georgia say a man has been arrested following a standoff with police.
- VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) — The Valdosta Police Department reports that Officer Randall Hancock, who was shot multiple times on July 8th, was released from the hospital Friday.
- EUFAULA, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) — An arrest has been made in connection with the disappearance and murder of 78-year-old Jimmy “Zeke” Glenn of Eufaula.
- NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Oil giant BP PLC has put a final price tag on what its catastrophic Gulf of Mexico oil spill cost the company, and it’s a hefty sum: $61.6 billion.
- TALLAHASSEE, FL (WTXL) — The city is planning to cut taxes by $3 million in the next fiscal year.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – The Louisiana truck driver who caused an I-16 crash that killed five Georgia Southern University nursing students will spend five years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday.
- COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Columbus police confirmed that 20-year-old Brianna Carrier has been found safe.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.