Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, July 13, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – A landscaper’s trip to change a trailer tire went up in flames Monday afternoon.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Leon County Sheriff’s Office says it’s searching for a man wanted on several charges including burglary and grand theft.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s parole board will decide whether a man known as a “prison Houdini” for a series of jail escapes should walk free.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Tallahassee Police Department’s Burglary Unit is investigating a burglary that occurred at 2421 Jackson Bluff Rd at The Boulevard at Tallahassee Apartments.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – An Illinois man has pleaded guilty in federal court to federal wire fraud charges involving the operation of a business that unlawfully sold Iraqi currency over the internet to customers all over the country.
- LOWNDES COUNTY, GA (WTXL) – Georgia health officials have confirmed a case of the mosquito-borne virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) in a horse in Lowndes County.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The man who ambushed and shot a Valdosta Police Department officer outside an apartment complex Friday has been transported to South Georgia Medical Center in Valdosta.
- TIFTON, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — Greg Hilton couldn’t resist when an employee from a contracting firm challenged him to an arm wrestling match. It was during a lunch break on a Georgia Department of Transportation construction project, and Hilton wasn’t backing down.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.