Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Friday, July 1, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Thursday, June 30, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Representative Sanford Bishop announces photo contest
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (THE POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County Board of Education voted to approve the June personnel packet at the June 16 meeting in a 4-1 vote following a closed executive session to discuss personnel.
- BACONTON, GA (ALBANY HERALD) – After hauling in a state record shadow bass from the river on June 1, Baconton’s Kristen Brown isn’t slowing down. She said she has fished consistently over the years and hopes to land a record shoal bass.
- TIFTON, GA (WALB) – Authorities responded to a structure fire in Tifton in the 800 block of 14th Street on Thursday.
- VALDOSTA, Ga. (WCTV) — Seven employees of seven different Lowndes County stores have been arrested after authorities say they sold alcohol to minors.
As always, you can hear these stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.