Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Monday, June 27, 2016:
- BRINSON, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – According to the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office, 23 year old Jarvante Trevell Jones died in an accidental drowning Saturday afternoon.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Friday, June 24, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – One hundred thousand books have been distributed in four Georgia communities this summer. Bainbridge is one of those lucky communities; and 134 children from age 3 to 8th grade are the lucky and enthusiastic recipients.
- COOLIDGE, GA (WALB) – Two bodies have been removed from a Thomas County home that caught fire overnight.
- COFFEE CO., GA (WALB) – According to officials, investigators are on their way to the scene of a robbery in Coffee County.
- DAYTONA BEACH SHORES, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Georgia woman has died after being struck by lightning on a Florida beach.
- GADSDEN CO, FL (WCTV) – On Friday, June 24, 2016, the Gadsden County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division conducted a drug operation that subsequently led to the discovery of a Marijuana grow house.
- FRANKLIN CO. FL.(WTXL)– A man is dead after being involved in a car accident Saturday in Franklin County.
- LOWNDES CO, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – On Thursday evening at around 7:50 p.m., a Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office deputy assigned to the Interstate Criminal Enforcement (I.C.E.) team stopped a vehicle on Interstate 75 that had been previously reported as stolen in the Orlando, Florida area.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.