Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Friday, June 24, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Wednesday, June 22
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Memorial Hospital and Manor Hospital CEO Billy Walker cited a slowdown of cash collections lead the hospital to not having enough money to meet the costs of operation.
- CALHOUN CO., GA (WALB) – Four people, including a correctional officer, have been arrested and charged with murdering a Calhoun County prison inmate.
- CHATTAHOOCHEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Gadsden County Sheriff’s Office says an escaped Florida State Hospital patient has been captured.
- CAIRO, Ga. (WCTV) — After four years, Second Chance Animal Rescue doesn’t have the money to keep its doors open.
- PAVO, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A tree trimmer in Pavo died Wednesday night in what authorities are calling a “freak accident.”
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office arrested two men for credit card fraud after a stop on the interstate
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.