Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Friday, June 10, 2016:
- DAWSON, GA (WALB) – Dawson Mayor Christopher Wright held a press conference outside of city hall in Dawson Thursday at 5:30 p.m, an hour before the City Council’s scheduled monthly meeting.
- FLOYD COUNTY, GA (CBS46) – 10 people, including school district employees, are jailed in connection to a racketeering scheme that police in Floyd County are calling the largest the area has ever seen.
- OCILLA, GA (WALB) – The escaped murder suspect in Ben Hill County has now been caught.
- HENRY COUNTY, GA (CBS46) – The man mistakenly shot by Henry County police has died, a lawyer for the family tells CBS46 News.
- Bristol, Fla. (WTXL)–The Liberty County Jail houses a few less than 50 inmates but only employs 15 correctional officers, most of them part time.
- ABBEVILLE, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) —Before Abbeville native Jimmy Rane was the head of Great Southern Wood, he was an offensive lineman who was used to playing a critical – yet nameless – role in his football games. He’s now the richest man in Alabama.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.