Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Wednesday, June 1, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – On Thursday, May 26, 2016, Bainbridge Public Safety responded to Bainbridge Memorial Hospital’s emergency room in response to an assault by shooting.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Tuesday, May 31, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Andresha Rashaun Murphy Hines, 23, was arrested by Bainbridge Public Safety on Wednesday, May 25. Hines allegedly stole upwards of $22,000 from Southwest Georgia Oil Company before resigning from her position in April.
- STEINHATCHEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Florida Forest Service says it is fighting a 1,000-plus acre wildfire in the Big Bend Wildlife Management Area.
- STEINHATCHEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The US Coast Guard is searching for a 54-year-old man who went missing 17 miles southwest of Steinhatchee Monday.
- CRAWFORDVILLE, FL (WTXL) — Wakulla County earns one of the highest marks in the country for its emergency response.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) — Valdosta State University is proud to announce that it has secured more than $46.6 million in gifts and pledges through its first-ever comprehensive capital campaign — Invest. Ignite. Inspire. The Campaign for Valdosta State University.
- THOMASVILLE, GA (WALB) – Police in Thomasville have arrested two women for alleged credit card fraud and are asking the public’s help in locating a third suspect.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.