Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Wednesday, May 18, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge High School will hold the 2016 graduation ceremony on Thursday, May 26 at 8:00 p.m. at the Bainbridge High School campus.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest reports for Tuesday, May 17
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – About 9:15 Tuesday night, the Dollar General store at 1906 East Oglethorpe Blvd. was the scene of an attempted armed robbery.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – Dothan police arrested a 27-year-old man Tuesday afternoon during an ongoing investigation into the city’s third murder.
- DAWSON, GA (ALBANY HERALD) – State law enforcement authorities raided five Terrell County businesses Tuesday that they said were engaged in commercial gambling operations.
- EUFAULA, AL (WTVM) – A second suspect has been arrested in connection to the fatal shooting at a Eufaula bar on May 8.
- TIFTON, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Georgia Department of Transportation has awarded $28 million in contracts for southwest district projects that include resurfacing some state routes and applying a skid-resistant overlay to others to enhance safety. Lots of projects in our area on the list.
- COLQUITT Co. – The leader of a Moultrie youth program was arrested Sunday morning after a deputy pulled him over for going 26-miles per hour over the speed limit on 1st Avenue.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.