Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Tuesday, May 17. 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge Public Safety responded to multiple calls and made one arrest related to counterfeit money circulating around southwest Georgia over the weekend.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest reports for Monday, May 16, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – The National Weather Service in Tallahassee is predicting several days of rain this week.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The hearing for Michael Bankston’s DUI case has been moved to Tuesday, May 17, the Mitchell County Clerk of Courts Adayna Broome confirmed.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County School Board announced at a called meeting on Thursday, May 12 that Tim Cochran has been named the sole finalist for the open superintendent position.
- MOULTRIE, GA (WCTV) — Five people are dead following a house fire in Colquitt County.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – On Thursday morning, a deputy assigned as a school resource officer at Lowndes High School was alerted by a student of another student who had brought a handgun to school.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — The average price of gas has risen about a half-dollar from its low this year but still projects to be perhaps the lowest in a decade as the summer driving season nears.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.