Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Thursday, May 12, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County Arrest Reports for Wednesday, May 11
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – “According to Hobby the city and county are working towards “operational consolidation” that will remove the inefficient redundancies that occur when they both attempt to offer the same service.”
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Neighbors say between 15 and 20 gunshots rang out in the 600 block of Swift Court overnight and it appears most were directed at an apartment unit.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany Police Department and EMS responded to an incident in the 1900 block of Homewood Drive around 6:30 Wednesday evening.
- CHATTAHOOCHEE, FL (WCTV) – Staff members at Florida State Hospital walked in on a gruesome scene.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – A Houston County judge issued a ruling Wednesday reducing the bail for a Dothan man charged with using an AK-47 to fatally shoot another man.
- ATHENS, Ga. (AP) – Ryan Seacrest is returning to the University of Georgia, where he attended freshman classes 24 years ago, to receive an honorary doctoral degree.
- ATLANTA, GA (MACON TELEGRAPH) – The highway view from Macon north will look like nothing else in the country under a state transportation plan to build at least 38 miles of separate truck lanes costing $2.06 billion.
- GATLINBURG, TENN. (MACON TELEGRAPH) – A hiker says he was bitten by a bear as he slept along the Appalachian Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
As always, you can hear these news stories on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.